4Discovery is looking to add an individual to our digital forensic and incident response team in Chicago.
Our ideal candidate for this position will have a basic understanding of digital forensic principles, incident response methodologies, and best practices. Knowledge of digital forensic lab practices, procedures, and evidence handling is a plus. Experience with industry digital forensic and investigative tools such as EnCase, X-Ways, FTK, Cellebrite, F-Response, and open source tools are also a plus.
Training is available and this entry level position provides you with opportunity to be exposed to all facets of digital forensics and work side-by-side with some of the industry’s best examiners.
Your typical week on the job would include:
- Maintaining a digital forensic lab.
- Creating forensic images (both in the lab and at client locations) using various tools while maintaining chain of custody and documentation.
- Performing remote collections from file servers, email collections from Microsoft Exchange, and cloud-based collections from Gmail, Dropbox, Amazon, iCloud, etc.
- Conducting forensic analysis using EnCase, X-Ways, FTK, and numerous 3rd party and open source tools.
- Examining forensic artifacts such as registry artifacts, document metadata, and log files. Provide documentation of analysis procedures and present findings.
- Collaborating with the team to develop innovative, practical solutions.
- Documenting work processes and writing reports.
- Support a project’s success by participating in conference calls and providing clients with project updates. Support the sales and marketing team’s efforts when requested.
- Updating and maintaining our internal knowledge base.
4Discovery is a privately owned, fast growing, and cutting-edge computer forensics company located in the West Loop of Chicago. Our team has been providing digital forensic services to law firms and corporations throughout the United States since 2001.
We offer a casual work environment and flexible hours. Occasional travel, nights, and weekends will be required. Salaries and benefits are competitive, based on experience.
We would love to chat with you if…
- You are a curious problem-solver who has never met a challenge you didn’t like.
- You’re a self-starter and would love to work and learn using the latest forensics hardware, software, and techniques.
- You have some experience in computer forensics and possess a strong desire to learn more and become and forensic rockstar.
- You’re flexible, with the ability to work the occasional odd hours, occasional travel, and adjust your priorities to meet client demands.
- You can pass a background check and are authorized to work in the United States.
Email your CV, cover letter, writing sample, and any other information you would like us to consider to email@example.com.