CONSIDER THE STATISTICS
Trade secret theft is at an all-time high. Businesses of all sizes face serious risks to their bottom line, competitive position, and even survival. Lawyers face an increasingly complex landscape when it comes to counseling their clients on trade secret protection in our digital world.
- Up to $480 billion in business losses were attributed to trade secret misappropriation last year
- 50% of employees that left their jobs in the last 12 months admitted taking confidential business information with them. 40% of those employees say they will use the information at their new jobs
- Only 38% of employees believe their managers view data protection as a business priority
- 45% of trade secret theft was performed by employees transferring data to USB devices, personal computers, tablets, smart phones, or by sending it to a personal e-mail account
EMERGING THREATS INCLUDE
- The portability of trade secrets in our Internet of Things (IoT) environment
- Employee turnover in an increasingly mobile workplace
- The Cloud. Do you even know where your trade secrets are?
- Increased exposure to trade secret theft through cyber breaches and hacking
- China continues to ramp-up their attacks on U.S. companies and their trade secrets
Want to learn how to help your clients protect their trade secrets?
Trade Secret Protection – Using Technology to Safeguard Your Most Valuable Assets
Wednesday, January 17, 2018
5:30PM: Gathering, Networking, Cocktails & Hors d’oeuvres
6:00-7:00PM: CLE Presentation, Q&A
ATTENDEES ARE ELIGIBLE FOR ONE GENERAL CLE CREDIT!
Click here to register today! / (312) 924-5761 / info@4Discovery.com
THE ONE HOUR CLE WILL EXAMINE
- Best practices for defending trade secrets
- Case studies (how trade secrets were taken and how to prevent it)
- A review of the Defend Trade Secrets Act of 2017
- Conducting an effective trade secret investigation
- The application of digital forensics in performing trade secret investigations